Ken Shelton holds an M.A. in Education with a specialization in Educational Technology as well as New Media Design and Production.
He has worked as an Educator for over 20 years. As a part of his active involvement within the Educational Technology community, Ken is an Apple Distinguished Educator and a Google Certified Innovator.
Ken regularly gives keynotes, presentations, consults, and leads workshops, covering a wide variety of Educational Technology, Equity and Inclusion, Multimedia Literacy, Cultural Relevance, Visual Storytelling, and Instructional Design topics.
Ken was the 2018 ISTE Digital Equity PLN Excellence Award winner.
Connect with Ken Shelton
- What does it mean to be an anti-biased and anti-racist educator?
- How can an educator self-assess?
- What does all of this look like from the perspective of
- School Leaders?
- Secondary Educators?
- Elementary Educators?
The Liberated Educator – Click here for more!
We are a group of educators who believe in the power of the people. We provide meaningful personalized learning experiences that empower our attendees to be better and do better. Our work is centered around anti-bias/anti-racism, diversity, equity, inclusion, organizational change, and organizational culture. None of these are mutually exclusive and require the right start as well as on-going work. We bring decades of collective experience in education, consulting, training, advisement, and design. Our work is grounded in theoretical research as well as practical experience. We thank you for joining us on this journey and for your commitment to doing the work. We also have a podcast coming very soon.
Event information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cultivating-liberation-becoming-an-anti-biased-anti-racist-educator-tickets-112414231994
What We’re Listening To
- AJ – The Principal Leadership Lab – Adam DeWitt and Jeff Prickett: Jeff & Adam discuss the COVID pandemic – are there any positive takeaways to be gleaned from this public health crisis, especially for school communities? And what does going into the 20-21 school year look like? Check out the latest episode of The Principal Leadership Lab as we discuss, “The COVID Comeback?”
- Chris – French Kiss Life – French Kiss Life is a podcast, a lifestyle brand, and a global community with a mission to inspire you to live artfully and well. Each week, Master Life Coach, Tonya Leigh, offers practical advice, inspiring stories, and transformational experiences to elevate the everyday lives of women. At French Kiss Life, we know the best way to improve our life is to celebrate and enjoy the life we have right now. Are you ready to create a life that will inspire your 90-year old self to raise her flute with a toast, “Well done, darling!”?
- Stacey – So You Want to Talk About Race – So You Want to Talk About Race is a 2018 non-fiction book by Ijeoma Oluo. Each chapter title is a question about race in contemporary America. Oluo outlines her opinions on the topics as well as advice about how to talk about the issues.
- Ken – Codeswitch, As Told By Nomads, By the Book
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
ASK QUESTIONS, SHARE FEEDBACK, AND CONNECT
This post may contain links to products or services with which we have an affiliate relationship. We may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.